Monday, October 09, 2006

Biblical Studies/Christian Faith Plans

Apply to Fuller's Theology School for Fall of 2007. Five year goal, two classes a quarter every quarter, Fall 2007 - Summer 2012. Double Major: Master of Arts in Theology, Biblical Studies and Theology; Master of Arts in Theology, Ancient Near Eastern Literature and Languages.

Use the time between now and Fall 2007 to get involved in one or two small groups. Become a member of a church--find an authority to submit and serve under. Continue teaching myself Hebrew, finish all Bible.org seminary-level theology courses, finish patriarchal narrative studies, knock several textbooks off my reading list:

- “Christian Theology An Introduction” (with companion volume, “The Christian Theology Reader”)
- “The New Testament World: Insights from Cultural Anthropology
- “Old Testament Parallels: Laws and Stories from the Ancient Near East
- “Critical Realism & the New Testament
- Israel in Egypt and Israel in Canaan – Chapters 2 and 3 of “Ancient Israel: From Abraham to the Roman Destruction of the Temple

Subscribe to these academic journals:

JSP (Journal for the Study of the Pseudepigrapha)
CBR (Currents in Biblical Research)
JSOT (Journal for the Study of the Old Testament)

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael F. Bird said...

Mate,
Forget, JSP, go for either NTS or JSNT.
Have fun studying or serving!

3:08 PM  
Blogger slaveofone said...

Hopefully there won't be any love lost if I give the NTS and JSNT a pass... They just don't interest me.

An MA and THM? Hmm...well...I suppose I could do that instead. If it would better help me get into a Phd program, I'd definitely consider it. Fortunately, I have a bit of time yet.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogstats